Monday, August 19, 2013

A Whole New World

     In all of my life I have wished for nothing more than to be a mama.

     July 31st, 1995 in Changsha, China, that wish came true.

     Yesterday, August 18th, I dropped Beloved Child off at college.
     Her life and mine will never be the same from this day on.

     She is happy, excited, ready to be challenged and independent.

     This is what I have been raising her to do.
     To create her own life.
     To seek out her own dreams.

     I am not grieving.  I am sad that the day to day life of parenting is over,
    but it would be selfish of  me  to want it to have unfolded any differently.
   
    She is happy, healthy,  confident, curious and kind.

     She WILL find her way in the world.   

     I will be here, always.

    All of my life I have wanted to be a mama.  I still am one.   A whole new world.

    

3 comments:

  1. You are still a mama, indeed. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about you all week, but I've been holed up in meetings at work. You know you have done your mama job well when your child can go off to college, happy, healthy and confident. SO I raise a glass to you and your beloved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely still a Mama! And I bet that young child has a whole new appreciation for her Mama as she makes her first steps from the nest!

    ReplyDelete