Monday, October 29, 2012

Hurricane Winds and a Warm Fire

    Today some of you may be at home with your kids,waiting out the predicted and soon to arrive east coast hurricane.  It is windy and grey and wet here, the wind is blowing, but it is only beginning to rise, I guess. Before too long it will be howling.  As long as the roof stays on and the trees stay in the yard (roots DOWN), I will be happy.
    I have the fire burning in the woodstove, tea in a mug and I am contemplating re-reading Harry Potter, because a stormy day is a great day to read fantasy stories.   Mostly though, I am thinking of my girl.   I used to love days off from school when she was small.   We would play all day, make fun things to eat and read, read, read.  We would get out Jenga, Monopoly and Mancala, start a puzzle, and relax.  
                              Being safe together, at home is such a happy, magical time.  
 If you are home today, I am wishing you a day of giggles and pancakes for dinner, stories and a hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment